To What Project Should We, as a Community of Liberty, Commit?
The following projects were “nominated” for us to consider at our next meeting on 22nd:
1) Sponsor a tutorial/ lecture series through the City of Irvine Services (could be adult ed or for high school or college students) on liberty arranged by us with lectures provided by a graduate student from Claremont or Chapman University.
2) Offer a mentoring program on financial management based on Richard Callahan’s book: “Retire Independently” to:
- High School Students
- Junior College Students
- Boy Scouts
- Girl Scouts
- Adults through City of Irvine Services
3) Essay contest on Liberty for high school seniors with a significant prize.
4) Offer “Speakers Bureau” on liberty.
5) Offer support to military family or veterans.
Here is another idea that occurred to me as I was writing this summary:
6) Offer a 10-session summer “discussion” course based on Constitution 101 for high school and college students, respectively.
At Friday’s meeting, we will narrow this list down to two or three, and then ask for volunteers to explore feasibility of each potential project.